Author Topic: Question on install  (Read 9582 times)

msb

Question on install
« on: Sat Mar 14 14:55:28 2020 »
I have downloaded mate rolling iso and wanted to install, however have following questions -

When booted into live mode, laptop mouse was not detected and the pointer remained frozen in center of screen. Even when i went into settings i could not get it working. I even attached an external usb mouse but that did not work. If i install will i face the same issue, is there a workaround?

I want to install NuTyX along with the grub and have it detect other linux distro that is already installed, will that work?

I have enabled legacy boot (not uefi0 and through that i go into grub to boot into linux. Will the same work for NuTyX as well?

Thanks.

michael

Re: Question on install
« Reply #1 on: Sat Mar 14 16:30:17 2020 »
Can not answer your mouse problem.  I believe you need osprober to set up multiboot.  Other distro's detect nutyx.  I use bios, do the update-grub, grub-install from void or archlabs and then can boot nutyx.  I haven't been able to set it up from nutyx.  I am a noob also, so may not have it all right.  Michael

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #2 on: Sat Mar 14 17:05:35 2020 »
I even attached an external usb mouse but that did not work. If i install will i face the same issue, is there a workaround?
1. open a terminal if you can
2. as explain in http://nutyx.org/en/finish-up#21
Code: [Select]
sudo cards install xorg-xf86-input-synaptics
About your boot problem, I'm sorry I cannot really help you as they are so many differnet cases.

msb

« Reply #3 on: Sat Mar 14 23:03:51 2020 »
I even attached an external usb mouse but that did not work. If i install will i face the same issue, is there a workaround?
1. open a terminal if you can
2. as explain in http://nutyx.org/en/finish-up#21
Code: [Select]
sudo cards install xorg-xf86-input-synaptics
About your boot problem, I'm sorry I cannot really help you as they are so many differnet cases.

Thanks. I could get the mouse working using synaptics package. I was able to detect nutyx by applying grub on the other distro. I installed kde and removed mate DE that i originally installed. So when i shutdown my system it just shows a cursor on empty screen. I need to press power button to shut down the system. Is there any package/library that i am missing or removed while uninstalling mate?

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #4 on: Sun Mar 15 09:28:02 2020 »
Shutdown on KDE is a bit boggy, some times it works some times not