Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Obsolet / Re: Music
« Last post by Thierry on Wed Mar 11 05:51:53 2020 »
Could be a nice music theme for your next video
Obsolet / Re: Latest Update
« Last post by michael on Mon Mar 09 18:03:05 2020 »
Hello again Thierry, python3 and and tkinter are both working fine.  Sorry for the bad information.  Thank you very much.  Michael
« Last post by michael on Mon Mar 09 16:01:01 2020 »
Hello Thierry, python3 is back.  However python-tkinter soes not seem to provide tkinter anymore.  I use other distros and they all seem to be affected.  A variety of problems, but I think you are right about recent updates.
« Last post by Thierry on Mon Mar 09 12:10:20 2020 »
Impressive I like his style
« Last post by Thierry on Mon Mar 09 12:08:40 2020 »
I think it has to do with automaticaly installed dependencies. In your install, Python (3) was install by request of a packageX you install manualy. With the latest update, It has been a lot of packages dependencies cleanup. As an example when you install Xfce 4.14.1 from a base only python2 is installed (means automaticaly install). So what you need to do is simply to install python3(manualy), it will then never be removed anymore.
« Last post by oyim on Mon Mar 09 08:18:45 2020 »
Obsolet / Latest Update
« Last post by michael on Mon Mar 09 04:06:36 2020 »
I upgraded today and seem to have lost python3.  'python' starts python2, 'python2' starts python2 and 'python3' gives command not found.  Cards says 'python' is now python 3.8.2, but python2.7... starts.  It may be related, or not, but seem to have stability problems with libreoffice also.
Tips and Tricks / Re: Question about Installing a Collection
« Last post by Thierry on Wed Mar 04 09:14:18 2020 »
Welcome to NuTyX,

Thank you for your interest in this distro.

Thank your for reporting this bug. I will fix it now.

Code: [Select]
I decided I would try installing the GUI-EXTRA collection as I have plenty of disk space
May be not so good idea as you will end up with some packages that are not happy together.

I recommend you not to do that.
Tips and Tricks / Question about Installing a Collection
« Last post by jccrouc on Wed Mar 04 08:53:25 2020 »
Hello,

I am a new user to NuTyX and am enjoying using this distro.  I am a fairly experienced linux user and have used various distro's at differnet times.  I enjoy using minimalist systems both hardware and software wise.  I have gotten Nutyx up and running via the install from a cdrom.  Rolling latest version without graphical installation. 

I have installed Openbox as my desktop system and have that running. I decided I would try installing the GUI-EXTRA collection as I have plenty of disk space on my current machine and it would save me installing a whole bunch of individual packages.  The seemed to work fine until it got down the the Seamonkey package and failed at this point.  I have attached error below:

HTTP response code said error
cards 2.4.113.1 install:

URL   : http://downloads.nutyx.org/x86_64/rolling/gui-extra/seamonkey/.PKGREPO
FILE  : /var/lib/pkg/depot/gui-extra/seamonkey/.PKGREPO
MD5SUM: 55705a5a824d294855750c64528f6aeb

!!! download failed !!!

I had a look at that URL location and in the seamonkey folder there is only a file named Pkgfile. 

As the Cards download of packages fails here it does not install any of the packages it has downloaded up to that point.  I understand I could install them manually via "get pkgname" but I thought doing them in bulk by installing the whole collection at once would save me some time. 

Is installing a collection such as GUI-EXTRA a recommended way of installing packages or am I likely to run into issues doing this?

Any advise appreciated.

Regards,

John.
Obsolet / Re: Python3 and TK
« Last post by michael on Sat Feb 29 23:37:22 2020 »
Yes Thierry, works fine.  I guess python updated to 3.8.2.  Then I tried cards install python-tkinter.  Didn't write a bunch of files because they were already there, but 'cards install -f python-tkinter' installed the new ones and it works fine.  idle3 is there just like it is supposed to be.  Thank you very much.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10