Author Topic: NuTyX 8.2.95  (Read 2506 times)

J.R. Bob Dobbs

NuTyX 8.2.95
« on: Sat Mar 11 00:09:46 2017 »
Good job on this release. I'm using mate desktop 1.16, using the stock kernel shipped with the distro. Everything works fine so far. All I did was chmod a+wr /dev/snd/* and sed -i '/load-module module-console-kit/s/^/#/' /etc/pulse/default.pa
and audio works great. Audacity installed with no problems from depot. Thanks again.. good job developers
Nutyx is installed in a tri-boot scenario with Slackware64-current Nutyx and FreeBSD 11 amd64

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
Re: NuTyX 8.2.95
« Reply #1 on: Sun Mar 12 16:17:50 2017 »
Thanks for your feedbacks.

All I did was chmod a+wr /dev/snd/* and sed -i '/load-module module-console-kit/s/^/#/' /etc/pulse/default.pa
Do you mean it was a bug you fixed ?
Why did you make those commands ?

Regards

J.R. Bob Dobbs

« Reply #2 on: Tue Mar 14 07:39:56 2017 »
I have to chmod 777 /dev/snd/* as root after every reboot. User can not use sound card if I do not do this. Maybe just need udev rule. I have pulse audio installed, user is in group audio, no Consolekit installed. audio is through ati hdmi audio. I do not have to do any of this in Slackware or Linux From Scratch. Probably very easy to fix. I do not know how to fix it

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #3 on: Tue Mar 14 10:48:28 2017 »
no Consolekit installed. audio is through ati hdmi audio. I do not have to do any of this in Slackware or Linux From Scratch. Probably very easy to fix. I do not know how to fix it
Could be because Consolekit2 is not installed, anyway this package need to be review (found somes major deviation from BLFS recept). For your chmod issue, I can propose you this:

the /etc/sysconfig/createfiles file can do that for you, So depending of what you have in /dev/snd/ folder, I have:

controlC0, hwC0D0, hwC0D1, pcmC0D0c, pcmC0D0p, pcmC0D3p and timer

means in the file /etc/sysconfig/createfiles, I do:

Code: [Select]
cat >> /etc/sysconfig/createfiles << EOF
/dev/snd/controlC0 dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/hwC0D0 dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/hwC0D1 dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/pcmC0D3p dev 777 root root
/dev/snd/timer dev 777 root root
EOF