Author Topic: Hello, and many thanks for NuTyX!!!  (Read 10338 times)

oyim

Hello, and many thanks for NuTyX!!!
« on: Sat Oct 27 08:44:03 2018 »
Hi everyone!

First, a quick introduction. I'm oyim, and I have just installed NuTyX for the first time. I have meant to try it long before now.

Next, I'm completely in awe of NuTyX! Over the years, I have tried many Linux and BSD systems. As I learned more, I've been able to use only what I know that I personally want and need on a system...I like to keep things small and simple. With NuTyX, I'm using the same method that I've used in the past...install a DE (in this and most cases, LXDE) in order to learn the system. Then later on, I reinstall and make it exactly how I want it...which is usually Openbox. Yes, I did realize that Openbox is available during installation  ;D  ;)  This is just the method that I like to use...

In all of my years of using Linux, and in all of the distros that say that they like to use the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid)...I can only speak for myself here, but first impressions are that NuTyX has accomplished KISS better than any others. This installation was incredibly simple and amazingly quick!

Code: [Select]
get [package]
Code: [Select]
cards install [package]
How incredibly simple and powerful!  :)

I can only imagine what has been done to produce NuTyX...the work put in by using LFS. Thank you for all that you've done!

I'm really looking forward to using this system and learning more about it!  :D  My only regret is that I haven't tried it before now.  ;D

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
Re: Hello, and many thanks for NuTyX!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sat Oct 27 09:48:40 2018 »
Many thanks for your message.

About simplicity, I guess the new split in the installer (easy and Advanced) is a great plus.

I will also propose Videos on UT and vimeo to explain how to make your owns packages. Kind of illustration of the scenarios you find in the doc
« Last Edit: Sat Oct 27 13:37:31 2018 by Thierry »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #2 on: Sun Oct 28 14:38:41 2018 »
I think you are a good candidat for rating the distro on DW

oyim

« Reply #3 on: Sun Oct 28 16:00:12 2018 »
Thank you for your response.  :)

I ran diff and upgrade today...had a few items that upgraded! Again, so simple and fast...even the kernel upgrade was fast. I haven't had time to delve into the system much. I'm wondering if the mirror is France and if that's where the packages originate from. If so, that just increases my awe at how fast it is since I'm in the US.

I will be happy to rate NuTyX on DW.  8)

May I ask a question? Theirry, are you the developer or part of the development team of NuTyX? 
« Last Edit: Sun Oct 28 16:08:35 2018 by oyim »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #4 on: Sun Oct 28 16:37:57 2018 »
the mirror is France ?
Yes

May I ask a question? Theirry, are you the developer or part of the development team of NuTyX?
Yes I am :)
« Last Edit: Sun Oct 28 16:42:26 2018 by Thierry »

oyim

« Reply #5 on: Sun Oct 28 17:37:41 2018 »
Yes I am :)

Thank you! Absolutely incredible work! Thank you and all of the team who contribute to NuTyX! It's an honor to speak with you and use the system.

oyim

« Reply #6 on: Wed Oct 31 21:42:26 2018 »
Okay, I think I have a good grasp of the system, so I reinstalled it yesterday with only Openbox.  ;)

Could tell right away that it will take a good bit of configuration to get it to look and perform how I like.  ;D

Looking forward to getting it set up.  8)

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #7 on: Thu Nov 01 07:16:08 2018 »
Looking forward to see some screenshots which I will be pleased to add them in our Gallery.

So don't hesitate to share somes

oyim

« Reply #8 on: Fri Nov 02 06:50:03 2018 »
Looking forward to see some screenshots which I will be pleased to add them in our Gallery.

So don't hesitate to share somes

First, let me apologize for spelling your name incorrectly in my previous posts!

I will gladly upload a screenshot (or two) when I'm finished. It may be a while, because I'm doing videos of the process. I think making a new wallpaper for the finished installation will be the last video...so...I'll have to wait until then to make screenshots.  ;D

I'm still completely amazed at your work. I've never been this excited about a Linux distro...EVER!!!  :)

oyim

« Reply #9 on: Sat Nov 03 22:59:34 2018 »
Okay...I looked around the forum but wasn't sure where to post the screenshots, so I'll just do it here. Hope that's okay?

Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #10 on: Sun Nov 04 22:19:58 2018 »
Done  ;)
« Last Edit: Mon Nov 05 10:46:56 2018 by Thierry »