Author Topic: NuTyX 11.0 available  (Read 3546 times)

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
NuTyX 11.0 available
« on: Mon Mar 25 19:29:08 2019 »
NuTyX 11 available with cards 2.4.96

I'm very please to announce the new NuTyX 11 release.

The NuTyX 11 is a complete recompilation of all the available binaries on NuTyX.

Since everything has been recompiled, most of the packages have been update as well.

The base of NuTyX comes with the new kernel LTS 4.19.28 and the very new kernel 5.0.3.

The toolchain is completely rebuild around glibc 2.29, gcc 8.3.0 and binutils 2.32.

The graphical server is now in xorg-server 1.20.4, the mesa lib in 18.3.4, gtk3 3.24.3, qt 5.12.1.

The python 3.7.2 and 2.7.16 are updated as well

The MATE Desktop Environment comes in 1.22 the very last version as well.

The KDE Desktop plasma in 5.15.3, Framework in 5.56.0 and applications in 18.12.3

Browsers firefox in 65.0.2 and chromium in 72.0.3626.121 (build by the archlinux team)

Many desktop applications have been updated as well like thunderbird 60.5.1, Scribus 1.5.5, libreoffice 6.2.0.3, gimp 2.10.8, etc.

2 news BASE ISO are available.

The first ISO is a base NuTyX "rolling" version with a size of 385 Mbytes and the second ISO is a base NuTyX "fixed" version which contains a completed binaries repository of the 11.0 NuTyX. It's size is 5.3 Gbytes.

With this last ISO, you can install a complete NuTyX 11.0 without having to use internet.

To install packages from this ISO, onces your base system is installed, configured and booting, it's just a question of mounting the media on the /mnt mounting point.

Suppose you media is found under /dev/sdc1, uses following command to mount it:

Code: [Select]
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt
Adapt in consequence.

ISOs are available on the download page.

The installer has been spit in two installation modes: Simple and Advanced installation mode.

Available graphical interfaces are: kde5, mate, xfce4, lxde, lxqt, gnome, flwm, jwm, ratpoison, blackbox, fluxbox, openbox, bspwm, icewm, twm, etc.

CARDS

CARDS is now able to track orphelin packages and take care of them... by removing them automaticaly :)

Locales are now beter treated, as they are automaticaly installed when they are available. For example if we install libreoffice, the correct locale will be installed automatically.

Upgrade process

Since this is a major release, an update is not recommanded.

The best way to test this new version it's by remove your existing one and install the new one, possible from this ISO. Your personnal data files won't be touched

saleem

Re: NuTyX 11.0 available
« Reply #1 on: Tue Mar 26 05:24:41 2019 »
I hope this release is true full rolling release version , if so I will install it , otherwise I will wait for a true full releasing version