Author Topic: Customized .iso question  (Read 11614 times)

oyim

Re: Customized .iso question
« Reply #15 on: Sat Dec 15 13:47:38 2018 »
One last issue that I haven't been able to solve...

When testing the .iso that I've made on actual hardware, I'm able to connect to my network on the computer (that I used to build the .iso on) using networkmanager and nm-applet.

However, I'm unable to connect on any other computers using either ethernet or wireless. This happens in both the live environment and an actual installation.

I've tried building the .iso with networkmanager, wicd, and I've also tried building the .iso without a network manager. If I try to set up the network connection manually, I'm still unable to connect with either ethernet or wireless.

I didn't copy any of my personal network configurations to the .iso.

I'm so sorry to ask about this, but I have looked over the handbook and any other NuTYX information that I've been able to think of, but I can't seem to find a solution.

What have I done wrong this time?  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat Dec 15 15:39:54 2018 by oyim »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #16 on: Sun Dec 16 10:58:45 2018 »
Normaly this problem occurs when you did copy your /etc folder from your host NuTyX to your chroot NuTyX. If that the case, make shure to NOT copy the udev post-configurations files as they get modify (by udev) after a boot

oyim

« Reply #17 on: Mon Dec 17 02:39:06 2018 »
Normaly this problem occurs when you did copy your /etc folder from your host NuTyX to your chroot NuTyX. If that the case, make shure to NOT copy the udev post-configurations files as they get modify (by udev) after a boot

Thanks Thierry. I haven't copied my /etc folder.

I have made some progress...

Before posting about the network issue, I had built a new .iso again without including NetworkManager or Wicd. I finally was able to test it on other computers today. This latest .iso will connect during setup in the live session using Ethernet but not wireless. Still...that made my day.  :)

oyim

« Reply #18 on: Mon Dec 24 18:49:17 2018 »
Thierry,

Would any other locales need to be added to the following to ensure that all are available?

Code: [Select]
for i in da de en es fi fr it nl ru sv tr
do
  for j in dialog util-linux sudo
  do
    cards install $j.$i
  done
done

Thank you.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #19 on: Tue Dec 25 10:31:51 2018 »
In my solution, I assume the host machine (the machine you install the chroot on it) is a NuTyX of course:

First we check what's are the available locale todays for thoses 3 packages by looking what's in group:
cards info -b dialog|grep ^Group
Group          : tr sv ru pt pl nl it fr fi es de da ar man dialog devel

cards info -b sudo|grep ^Group
Group          : zh_CN es nn sv ru nl devel fr pl man ja fi tr it de doc da sudo

cards info -b util-linux|grep ^Group
Group          : fi nl fr it pl ja sv ru da de doc zh_CN tr man es devel util-linux

Ok now we will take the one which have the most I guess it's sudo (whithout man devel and doc unless you want them) package:

for i in  zh_CN es nn sv ru nl fr pl ja fi tr it de da
do
    for j in dialog util-linux sudo
    do
        cards install $j.$i
   done
done

Ok Now BEFORE you install all your customised packages, you exit and add all thoses locale in the cards.conf file of your ISO so that when you do the custom installation, all those locales are going to be installed
exit
for i in  zh_CN es nn sv ru nl fr pl ja fi tr it de da
do
   echo "locale $i" >> $LFS/etc/cards.conf
done

And by the way if you want any of the other groups (devel doc man) add them as well but don't be surprise by the size of your ISO.
If you did add the devel group, make shure to install cards.devel package so that peoples can directly compile they own packages.
So let's go back into our customised NuTyX:
install-nutyx -ec
get cards.devel

Now you can go on with all your customisations
« Last Edit: Tue Dec 25 22:14:57 2018 by Thierry »

oyim

« Reply #20 on: Tue Dec 25 11:28:26 2018 »
Thank you Thierry. I appreciate your time more than I can express. I hope that you had a Merry Christmas!

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #21 on: Tue Dec 25 16:40:46 2018 »
Merry Chrismas to you and happy new year. Wish you a lot of more fun with your NuTyX installations