Author Topic: Questions on installing from ISO without Internet  (Read 8645 times)

BobC

Questions on installing from ISO without Internet
« on: Sat Aug 10 03:15:05 2019 »
I downloaded the 5.4 gb fixed ISO.  Is there a way I can do the install without network access, then configure the network later using x-windows tools?  I am connecting via wifi, but it requires login via browser.  The selection boxes want me to select either ethernet or wireless and stall if I say wireless but then it can't connect.

Is there a boot code that I can give it to change the video resolution during install?  My default resolution is 3840x2160 and the characters are too tiny to read even with magnification.  All the distros seem to have this problem.  I am solving it by using my cellphone camera as a 4x magnifier.

Thanks for your help.  The wallpaper you chose looks great and I'm excited to try your newest version.
« Last Edit: Sat Aug 10 05:01:38 2019 by BobC »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
Re: Questions on installing from ISO without Internet
« Reply #1 on: Sat Aug 10 07:30:46 2019 »
I downloaded the 5.4 gb fixed ISO.  Is there a way I can do the install without network access, ...

If you really download the 5.4 Gb means all the packages are includes in it. I think you need to reed this to solve your issue. About the resolution change in the installer, I have no solution for now.

BobC

Re: Questions on installing from ISO without Internet
« Reply #2 on: Sat Aug 10 15:26:13 2019 »
I could see from the link that I had chosen a more complex setup.

I downloaded the Mate version, as it looks like a much simpler setup than the 5.4 gb fixed setup.

I booted to USB EFI and too an e option to add the following to the boot codes

acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=Windows i915.preliminary_hw_support=1 video=1024x768@32

Once it got to the install prompts it changed to 1024x768 and was viewable

I then connected my phone to the wifi and turned on tethering and plugged in a USB data cable from the phone to the computer

I used the advanced install and selected the tethered phone connection (should have written down the connection options).  I didn't know what to enter for ESSID or password, but it needed something so I gave it something reasonable.

I was able to connect and get completely installed.  I'm not sure if I will be able to reboot, so may reboot into another linux and update grub from there if it doesn't come up.

Thanks for your help

I downloaded the 5.4 gb fixed ISO.  Is there a way I can do the install without network access, then configure the network later using x-windows tools?  I am connecting via wifi, but it requires login via browser.  The selection boxes want me to select either ethernet or wireless and stall if I say wireless but then it can't connect.

Is there a boot code that I can give it to change the video resolution during install?  My default resolution is 3840x2160 and the characters are too tiny to read even with magnification.  All the distros seem to have this problem.  I am solving it by using my cellphone camera as a 4x magnifier.

Thanks for your help.  The wallpaper you chose looks great and I'm excited to try your newest version.