Author Topic: Latest Update  (Read 1000 times)

michael

Latest Update
« on: Mon Mar 09 04:06:36 2020 »
I upgraded today and seem to have lost python3.  'python' starts python2, 'python2' starts python2 and 'python3' gives command not found.  Cards says 'python' is now python 3.8.2, but python2.7... starts.  It may be related, or not, but seem to have stability problems with libreoffice also.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
Re: Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: Mon Mar 09 12:08:40 2020 »
I think it has to do with automaticaly installed dependencies. In your install, Python (3) was install by request of a packageX you install manualy. With the latest update, It has been a lot of packages dependencies cleanup. As an example when you install Xfce 4.14.1 from a base only python2 is installed (means automaticaly install). So what you need to do is simply to install python3(manualy), it will then never be removed anymore.

michael

« Reply #2 on: Mon Mar 09 16:01:01 2020 »
Hello Thierry, python3 is back.  However python-tkinter soes not seem to provide tkinter anymore.  I use other distros and they all seem to be affected.  A variety of problems, but I think you are right about recent updates.

michael

« Reply #3 on: Mon Mar 09 18:03:05 2020 »
Hello again Thierry, python3 and and tkinter are both working fine.  Sorry for the bad information.  Thank you very much.  Michael