Author Topic: packages available - how to check  (Read 3679 times)

dirkme

packages available - how to check
« on: Tue Apr 11 23:11:11 2017 »
Hi there,

next week Monday is the day i install NuTyX, first in a virtualbox and after success on my real hardware.

Just wondering, if i want to run it as my media server, are the apps available like:

1.) Sonarr

2.) Sabnzbd

3.) Couchpotato

4.) Plex

That would be it for the server side and for Desktop use,

1.) ice-ssb (from Peppermint OS)

2.) PlayOnLinux

3.) Clonezilla

4.) Gparted

etc.

also, I haven't read yet the package building section, but will do soon, many many years on linux like ubuntu, debian, arch and mageia.

but never compiled my own program, not even with slackware ;-)

Thanks to anyone helping

Update: found the Package List:

Code: [Select]
http://downloads.nutyx.org/stable/
But how to get those 3 packages for media server (which are very important, for any server os) and how to get PlayOnLinux working?
« Last Edit: Tue Apr 11 23:38:38 2017 by dirkme »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
Re: packages available - how to check
« Reply #1 on: Wed Apr 12 06:01:37 2017 »
If you want to use NuTyX, it will be necessary for you to:

- read the available documentation
- learn how to make packages

You need to understand, we dont provide specific packages for one specific person simply for two raisons:

- A big chance that in one week this person will give up with NuTyX for millions raisons.
- Who is going to take care of those orphelins packages.

Todays we already takes care of more then 1500 packages with two (very active) packagers.  We would need just one extra (very good very accurate very motivated very clever) packager, we could then satisfy all yours demands. Unfortunately as today a such person has not show up yet
« Last Edit: Wed Apr 12 06:03:14 2017 by tnut »

Thierry

• Administrator
    • NuTyX distribution
« Reply #2 on: Wed Apr 12 06:07:16 2017 »
Just wondering, if i want to run it as my media server, are the apps available like
Use the search package tool  on the website

dirkme

« Reply #3 on: Wed Apr 12 13:59:45 2017 »
If you want to use NuTyX, it will be necessary for you to:

- read the available documentation
- learn how to make packages

You need to understand, we dont provide specific packages for one specific person simply for two raisons:

- A big chance that in one week this person will give up with NuTyX for millions raisons.
- Who is going to take care of those orphelins packages.

Todays we already takes care of more then 1500 packages with two (very active) packagers.  We would need just one extra (very good very accurate very motivated very clever) packager, we could then satisfy all yours demands. Unfortunately as today a such person has not show up yet

Well, I am going to spend some time and hope I find enough tutorials to get the packages on my own.

However, as I mentioned. People are looking for stable long term media servers. Right now I run Centos 7.3 and have another 7 years left.

I still enjoy figuring around with Linux (already for many years) and hope to get to the point where I can compile the software I need, I would be more than willing to provide those packages for the community.
« Last Edit: Wed Apr 12 14:19:05 2017 by tnut »