Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
LXQt - LXDE / Re: Openbox LXDE here
« Last post by oyim on Today at 13:33:28 »
Conky (in NuTyX) is version 1.10 +; therefore, it requires using the lua syntax...
Hi Thierry,

Can you tell me the steps or give me a tutorial of what you have done, I'm curious to try it out myself.
Before you give a try / Re: Possibility of porting Nutyx to AArch64?
« Last post by Thierry on Fri Nov 16 22:19:45 2018 »
I would love to. After several attempts, I had to give up. I wasn't able to do it
Before you give a try / Possibility of porting Nutyx to AArch64?
« Last post by stratact on Fri Nov 16 08:19:15 2018 »
Hi,

I was wondering if Nutyx has any plans to support the ARM architecture, specifically ARMv8/AArch64? I would like to try installing this distro on my Banana PI W2 board.

If there aren't any plans, is there an easy way to bootstrap Nutyx to this specific architecture?
News / Re: NuTyX 10.4 available
« Last post by oyim on Fri Nov 09 04:53:07 2018 »
Wonderful! Thank you!
« Last post by Thierry on Thu Nov 08 08:59:23 2018 »
A package / Re: neofetch
« Last post by oyim on Thu Nov 08 07:48:18 2018 »
saleem,

If you don't want to wait on the binary, neofetch can be easily installed on your system.  :)

First, make sure you have the dependencies. Open your terminal, and enter...

Code: [Select]
sudo cards install git make
Next, we want to clone neofetch. The following command will clone the "latest bleeding edge version". So, issue the following command in your terminal to clone neofetch...don't use sudo.

git clone https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch
Next, we want to cd into the newly created directory...so enter this in your terminal...

cd neofetch
Next, enter this in your terminal...

sudo make install
When it's finished, run this in your terminal...

neofetch
...and you should have the wonderful NuTyX logo (with information) in your terminal...like this...

(click the picture to enlarge it)

Hope that helped!  :)

« Last post by oyim on Wed Nov 07 21:45:41 2018 »
Thank you Thierry!
« Last post by Thierry on Wed Nov 07 16:03:13 2018 »
I not planned to stop the 32 bits version of NuTyX.

The point is that the update process is much slower and it means, the periode between update will be longer. I guess it will be up until major packages are not able to compile anymore.
« Last post by oyim on Wed Nov 07 06:33:24 2018 »
Thierry,

In regard to the 32bit version...I have searched the forums and the "News" on the main website, but I haven't found an answer to the following question...

Since 32bit is EOL, will there come a time; in which, all support for it will stop? I understand that only critical updates are now being applied, but may I ask if you intend to phase out 32bit support completely? If so, do you have a time-frame as to when this will happen?

Respectfully,
oyim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10